Front Office Receptionist
- Division: Front Office
- Reporting To: Front Office Manager
- Issue Date: 31-Aug-2022
- Issue Type: New
- Responsibility Level: Grade 12
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Hotel Receptionist is responsible for providing a friendly, welcoming and efficient service to all hotel guests, in line with the hotel’s vision and values on customer satisfaction.
The main purposes of the hotel reception area’s staff are to respond courteously to guests’ requests, play a part in the general running of the reception desk and help the General Manager to maintain a smooth room bookings service.
- To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to ensure a superb customer service experience.
- To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly to maintain high quality customer service.
- To deal with guest requests to ensure a comfortable and pleasant stay.
- To assist in dealing with customer complaints in an effective and courteous manner, providing or seeking solutions as quickly as possible.
- To be responsible for accurate and efficient accounts and guest billing processes.
- To assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy at all times.
- To undertake general office duties, including correspondence, emails, filing and switchboard, to ensure the smooth running of the reception area.
- To administer all routes of reservations to ensure that room bookings are made and recorded accurately.
- To report any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the relevant manager.
- To administer the general petty cash system and float in an accurate manner.
- To undertake all training as required (eg, first aid, health and safety, customer service).
- To adhere to all fire safety test procedures and to assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire.
- To undertake any other ad-hoc duties (bar and restaurant work) relevant to the post, as and when required.
- Responsible to follow Hotel Rules and Regulations
- Welcome the hotel guests, making room reservations and checking people in.
- Accepts room reservations, especially the acceptance of reservations for the day and confirmation of reservations.
- Assigns rooms and preparation of the weekly room forecast.
- Sells guestrooms to walk-in guest
- Receipts of advance deposits (acceptance of coupons, hotel orders, etc.)
- Assists guests in filling in the Registration Card.
- Prepares and distributes name slips. Prepares guest folios and follow- up with no-show guests.
- Prepares guest history. Prepares various business reports.
- Gives instruction of rooms to be changed
- Keeps room keys in safe conditions and Control and maintain key
- Maintains a friendly, neat and professional image to guests and colleagues, performs any duties related to the department and assists other departments.
- Processing reservation requests as assigned, Preparing correspondence for customers via fax and e-mail for general inquiries and
- General office duties to include answering phones, filing, faxing, and copying. Processing with credit cards payments.
- Accepting room reservations on the telephone, handling messages and accepting payment of hotel bills.
- To prepare a customer’s account, collate the cost of additional items such as Room service Bills, telephone calls Mini bar, include them in the final bills.