Front Office Supervisor
- Division: Front Office
- Reporting To: Front Office Manager
- Issue Date: 31-Aug-2022
- Issue Type: New
- Responsibility Level: Grade 11
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedbacks and guest satisfaction. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests by providing accurate and timely information and services.
You will also ensure hotel charges are processed diligently to guest’s accounts, invoices are accurate, billing instructions are verified, all necessary supporting bills and vouchers are attached for direct settlements.
- Front office supervisor’s duty includes making or confirming reservations, verifying and collecting payments, issuing room keys, controlling guest access to safe deposit boxes, and contacting housekeeping or maintenance when guests report a problem.
- Front office supervisors also provide hotel clerks with necessary training and support.
- Other responsibilities of front office supervisor might also include bookkeeping duties, such as balancing accounts, conducting nightly financial audits and referring patron comments and complaints to the appropriate Manage
- The duties of a front office supervisor include establishing customer satisfaction and handling complaints or problems in an efficient and professional manner.
- Another duty is creating an environment where employees have everything they need to do their job proficiently and take care of customers appropriately.
- Ensure outstanding customer care at all times.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanors at all times.
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guest’s preferences and special requests.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department’s especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
- Operates the EPBX equipment, including, assisting incoming & outgoing calls, setting wake-up calls, enabling DND (Do Not Disturb) and paging for in-house guests.
- Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
- Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager, or MOD.
- Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments.
- Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
- Takes responsibility in the absence of the Front Office Manager.
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.