- Division: Reservation
- Reporting To: Assistant Reservation Manager
- Issue Date: 23-Oct-2023
- Issue Type: New
- Responsibility Level: Grade 11
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary function of reservation agent is to handle all aspects of room reservations for guests and travel agents.
Creates and maintains reservation records.
Provide information to potential guests by converting to sales from the incoming calls and coordinating details of each booking to concern department to ensure the guest’s satisfaction
- Ensure that the Metropolitan Hotel standards are understood and upheld
- Must be able to excellently communicate information about the hotel, services and facility
- Adhere to the correct procedures as laid down in the operating manuals
- Ensure efficient performance at the reservations department.
- Ensure accuracy and quality in all bookings/tasks handed by the Reservations Manager
- To have the knowledge of entire Reservation Procedure according to the hotel’s standards
- To communicate and promote hotel, rates and amenities with the guests.
- Reservation agents must be prepared with up-to-date information to answer guest’s inquiries and of all company events and promotions efficiently and satisfactorily
- Agents are expected to upsell additional products and services when appropriate
- To confirm bookings received via email accurately and according to the room’s availability and rate applicable
- Handle reservation correspondence efficiently and accurately
- To handle reservations/inquiries over the phone that has to be answered promptly and politely and in accordance to hotel standards.
- To constantly update him/herself with the hotel’s occupancy and room availability
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use. Must have the capability to check detailed arrivals and highlight VIP and loyal guests
- To prepare and submit all statistics and reservation reports requested by the Management and must be able to support Departmental target and objectives.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.